Monday 1 July 2013

Easy Rider

Just got back from a family gathering this weekend for my Dad's 60th. I'd spent some of my spare time before going up doing a couple of pieces of work for my Dad. He's asked for artwork by me for his house since... well god knows, but a long, long time. So I thought it was about time I did something.
My Dad is keen on his vehicles. He's big on his Audi R8 and has a keen love for his purple Harley Davidson Deuce and obviously a bigger love for my Step Mum, so I thought why not combine all those things in a couple of pieces.

 I can proudly say I drew them both from scratch, so it was a good stretch for the vehicle drawing muscles and a much needed exercise. Anyway, I was quite happy with them and thought I'd like to share.


I have to say I owe some credit to one of my favorite artists Sean Gordon Murphy for these pieces.  After seeing a commission piece he'd posted on his Deviant Art page, I knew what I wanted to do for my Dad. Murphy is a master of vehicle drawing so in a way these are also a little tip of the cap to him and his skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment