Monday 18 February 2013

The Ones That Got Away: Part 1 - Wrath Of The Titans

More often than not as an illustrator you might have a project come your way and despite doing a chunk of work towards it, it wont see that light of day. That's just the way things go sometimes, you might get out-pitched by someone else or it just bypasses the right people.
2012 was a great year for me, I found I had more offers than I could take on and plenty that I would kill to work on. Some of those just slipped through my fingers... but that's just the gamble of pitching.
One that slipped through was for 'Wrath Of The Titans'. My eldest brother Tim Wildgoose was Armoury Supervisor on Wrath and wanted to pitch a promotional prequel comic to the director. Tim asked me to help with a little script he'd written and I drew some character sketches and a test page.


The script Tim had written was great, it was a 'Lone Wolf and Cub' style story with a drunk, rough looking Perseus carrying his son whilst fending off the odd demi-god.

We actually had full support from the Director and main actor and it all looked so promising but when it came to the studio's end it was unfortunately left alone. It was a great shame mainly for me as to work on a comic with my eldest brother would have been awesome but alas it just didn't happen..



Interestingly Tim had such good ideas in the script that some bits actually made it into the film. Apparently the idea of blindfolding statues of Zeus, so he couldn't witness the blasphemy's of humans made it into the actual film. So if you watch it, keep a sharp eye!

I've got more projects that I haven't had a chance or been allowed to mention so hopefully if the old clients/partners don't mind, I'll be able to post some more near misses. So stay tuned!














1 comment:

  1. um, couldn't you have titled this "wildgoose chase"?

    ReplyDelete